For many parents and couples, divorce is one of the most painful and stressful experiences they will ever face. It can also be a confusing time as you would have to handle multiple issues and make many decisions that can have far-reaching consequences on yourself and your children.
Some common issues that divorcing couples or divorced individuals face are:
- Deciding whether to divorce
- Concerns about the impact of divorce on their children
- Changes in their children’s mood and behaviours
- How to tell their children about the divorce
- How to co-parent before, during and after divorce
- Difficulties in maintaining parenting arrangement after divorce or separation
- Housing and financial arrangements after divorce
- Experiencing emotional or psychological difficulties
You may wish to have someone to walk with you as you encounter these complex issues. Be it running through some considerations before deciding on a divorce or equipping you with some coping skills, our counsellors at CPH Online Counselling are here for you.
For those with children under 21 years old, you may consider signing up for the Mandatory Parenting Programme. This programme is designed to help divorcing couples makes informed decisions that prioritise the well-being of their children. You can find out more information here:
In addition, Divorce Support Specialist Agencies (DSSAs) are available to support you. They are set up by the Ministry of Family and Social Development (MSF) to provide specialised services and programmes for parents and children of divorcing or divorced families. You may want to make an appointment with one of the following DSSAs:
- Care Corner Centre for Co Parenting https://www.carecorner.org.sg/centre-for-coparenting
- HELP Family Service Centre http://www.helpfsc.org.sg/
- PPIS As-Salam Family Support Centre https://ppis.sg/family-services/assalaam/
- Thye Hua Kwan Centre for Family Harmony http://www.thkmc.org.sg/family/
- Healing Heart@Fei Yue https://www.fycs.org/our-work/family/healing-heartsfei-yue/
- Thrive Parenting! https://www.amkfsc.org.sg/what-we-do/thrive-parenting
For more information, please refer to the MSF website:
In addition, the following websites will provide legal information about divorce matters such as how to file for divorce, maintenance and custody.
For civil marriages, Family Justice Court:
For Muslim marriages, Syariah Court: